Sage and Mushroom Pasta with Chickpea Balls
If you want a unique, delicious and filling pasta dish, try this sage and mushroom pasta. The protein-packe...
Get in the spirit of the season and enjoy this indulgent pumpkin pie that works perfectly with the subtly spiced and silky-smooth filling. The Cricket Powder adds a slightly nutty flavor to the crust, and is also a great way to add a boost of protein, vitamins, and minerals to your holiday baking.
Yield: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes*To reduce the carbs, replace the raw cane sugar with a sweetener of choice.
*All dairy ingredients are Organic / Grass Fed / Pasture raised.
For the crust:
For the filling:
For the topping:
1. Lightly grease a 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie pan and set aside.
2. Place EXO Pure Cricket Powder, almond meal, flaxseed, raw unrefined sugar (if using), and butter in food processor and pulse a few times until combined and resembles very coarse breadcrumbs. Add the egg white and salt and blend for about 5 seconds or until the dough comes together.
3. Flatten the dough to a disk (about 6-in diameter), and if too soft, wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate to firm up.
4. Roll the dough between two large sheets of plastic food wrap to about 12-inch/30-cm circle, remove the top sheet and gently ease into the prepared pie dish. Lightly press the crust in place and crimp the edges. Reserve any pastry cutouts to cut leaves for decorating the pie. Piece the bottom and sides all over with a fork, wrap with plastic food wrap and place in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
6. Line the chilled crust with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights, coins, or beans; bake for about 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. If you’ve made any pastry leaves, bake them until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes, and set aside.
7. Meanwhile, blend all filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pour into the cooled pastry crust and bake for 1 hour or until the filling has set but still a little wobbly in the center. Cool the pie to a room temperature.
8. Whip the heavy cream with the maple syrup or raw unrefined sugar and spread on top of the cooled pie. Decorate with the pastry leaves and sprinkle with pecans. If not serving immediately, wrap the pie with a plastic food wrap and refrigerate. Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Amount per Serving (157g)
Calories 400kcal | Total Carbohydrate 25.8g | Dietary Fiber 3.3g | Total Sugars 17.6g | Net Carbs 22.5g |Total Fat 30.9g| Protein 10.3g
While we strive to keep the nutritional information as accurate as possible, please make your own calculations with the actual products you use.